What is the Travel Photography Guru Site?
Welcome to the official blog and website for Travel Photography Guru an educational site for those souls with a passion for photography and a desire to both explore and share the beauty of our natural world and its people with others.
Who is Glenn Guy?
I am a photographer and educator with over 30 years industry experience, which can be summarized as follows:
- Primary Author and Publisher, Travel Photography Guru
- Travel and Documentary Photography
- Landscape Photography
- Proprietor Wedding and Portrait Photography Studio
- Newspaper Photographer
- Film Stills
- Almost 20 years of photography teaching experience
- 8 years at Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd including time as a Technical Specialist and Product Manager (Professional Imaging Division)
- Former contributor to Australian photography magazines
- Contributor to various photography sites including Luminous Landscape, This Week in Photography and Buy and Shoot
- Photography eBook author
Glenn Guy's Formal Educational Qualifications
Glenn Guy's Exhibition Highlights
- Finalist inaugural Felix H. Mann Award for Documentary Photography, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)
- Recipient Leica Award for Landscape Photography, Centre for Contemporary Photography (CCP)
- Landscape Photographer of the Year, 2002, Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP), Victoria Division
Glenn Guy - Film and TV
Most recently Glenn has enjoyed working as a stills photographer on film sets and TV shows, including Fish Out Of Water, a TV documentary on the environment for Foxtel staring former Olympian and World Champion swimmer Ian Thorpe, and the Australian motion picture film, Summer Coda.
Glenn's fine-art prints are collected at both private and corporate level. Still enjoying commercial assignments Glenn’s clients have included Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Jetset Travel and a variety of government authorities.
Glenn Guy - Photography Expeditions
Photography has taken Glenn to the following countries:
- China and Tibet
- India, Nepal and Sri Lanka
- Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and Bali
- Australia and New Zealand
- Argentina, South Georgia, Falkland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula
- Iceland and Greenland
- Russia, Austria, France and Belgium
Glenn Guy - Author and Publisher
Glenn also operates a publishing business and produces a range of postcards and greeting cards which are available throughout his home state of Victoria.
A range of eBooks and online photography courses will soon be available from this site. They have been a labor of love and something I'm really excited about.
Glenn Guy - Educator
Over the years Glenn has developed a straightforward and easy to understand teaching style. A popular and effective tutor Glenn's desire to share his knowledge and experience to an ever-wider audience has resulted in a range of educational products, soon to be available through this site.
A variety of private and small group classes can be organised by contacting Glenn directly at email@example.com. Practically based workshops and speciality photography tours are announced, on this site, at regular intervals.
I'd love you to join our growing community of like-minded folk eagerly exploring their passion for photography. We achieve our goals by interacting with a wide range of people and immersing ourselves into cultures and landscapes throughout our most beautiful world.
Enjoy the experience and please bookmark this site for ongoing reference.
© Copyright All Rights Reserved
Glenn Guy, Travel Photography Guru