New Website: Are You Liking What You See
Long time visitors to this site will have noticed a whole lot of changes appearing over recent days.
Clap Your Hands
I must say Im very, very happy with the overall look of the site. I have no formal training in design nor in building websites. No doubt the process of building a website is, technically, far easier than was the case a few years ago. Nevertheless, to build such a substantial site, in line with my own particular vision, proved to be a very hard process indeed. But boy, as the saying goes, have I learned a bunch. I'm happy and I know it.
While a huge amount of work has been conducted behind the scenes what you'll notice can be summarized as follows:
- Improved site structure to help you more easily and quickly navigate your way around, what will soon become, an even more substantial site.
- Lovely font and larger type to improve your reading experience. As the blog is so information rich it's important that I do all I can to encourage you to spend more time looking at the images and reading the articles posted.
- This site includes a series of galleries featuring photos from some of the worlds most exotic locations. Sublime landscapes, engaging portrait studies and graphic architecture, it's all here. Some of these galleries will be substantially expanded over coming weeks and, by the end of the year, many new galleries will be added. I hope you enjoy the way these photos are displayed. The larger your monitor, the better they'll look.
- Informative blog posts underpinned by great photography has always been the hallmark of this site. Now, by clicking on any of the photos featured, you'll be able to see a larger version of that picture which should, again, enhance the experience.
Photography Workshops and Tuition
- Please click on the Learn Photography and Events and Workshops tabs on the navigation bar, which you can access from the top of any page on this site. There's a new workshop next week and a great deal on one-on-one photography tuition.
- I've completed two photography eBooks. I'II let you know how you can get a copy just as soon as I have determined the best way to make them available.
- I'II be recording the first of, what I hope will be, an ongoing series of podcasts over coming days and expect to be providing access to them from this site and also via iTunes soon after.
- Here's one for corporates, organizations and associations to check out. You'll find a link to all the relevant information on the right hand side of every page on this site.
I really hope you enjoy the new look of this site. I'm generally excited and am busy continuing to build new resources. I hope you'll stay with me over time and that I can help you on your journey.
And if you do like what you see here please take a moment to reach out via one of the social media icons on the top right (and also down near the bottom) of this page.
Glenn Guy, Travel Photography Guru